Sample Travel Document Templates – for your Visa Applications and Travel Documents
I am probably abetting in driving travel agencies out of business–but I sincerely believe that applications should be done quick and easy so applicants can do on their own. I get asked a lot how I craft my written letters for travel document requirements, and to be honest I also just refer to my parent’s previous letters as well as sample letters online.
To make it easier for my readers, here are sample travel documents that you can craft and revise for your own applications. As long as you use the letters for personal applications and not for business purposes, you are free to use them. Don’t forget to thank me 🙂
1. Sample Letter of Introduction to the Embassy or Consulate
This is a requirement for Schengen visa applications for most embassies. It must state your travel dates, intention to travel, submitted documents, and travel companions. Here is a Sample Cover Letter that can be applied on all EU embassies, and my Letter to the French Consulate to the French Embassy attached.
2. Sample Itinerary
A planned itinerary is a requirement for all tourist applications for whatever country. The itinerary is a supporting document that you are really traveling to the said country for tourism purposes. The following are sample itinerary you can revise to fit your own trip:
3. Letter of Authorization
Being based in Cebu, I often have to fly to Manila to acquire visas (US and most EU countries). I can’t afford to fly back to receive my passport, so I often have to ask someone else to collect it for me. You will need a Letter of Authorization, photocopy of your two valid IDs, two valid IDs of the authorized person, and sometimes the official receipt of your visa processing fee. Here is a template of Letter of Authorization.
4. Notarized Affidavit of Consent – DSWD Minor Travel Clearance
As part of the requirements needed for applying for the DSWD Minor Travel Clearance is a notarized affidavit of consent from parents.
The letter must include destination, date of intended travel, purpose, and name of companion/s. For a sample of affidavit of consent, please see below and hope this helps! (written by a single mom or parent)
REPUBLIC OF THE PHILIPPINES
PROVINCE OF CEBU
AFFIDAVIT OF CONSENT AND SUPPORT
I, JANE DE LA CRUZ, Filipino, of legal age, Filipino and resident of 123 BRGY POBLACION, CEBU CITY, CEBU 6000, duly sworn to in accordance with law do hereby say, that:
1) as the biological mother and sole parental authority of CALEB DE LA CRUZ, who was born on JANUARY 1, 2013 in CEBU CITY, CEBU PHILIPPINES, is a minor and Philippine passport holder of Passport number PP123456;
2) I am giving consent for my child to travel to SINGAPORE and accompanied by his grandfather LUCIANO DE LA CRUZ;
3) that I likewise guarantee the safety of my child and give full support and consent for said travel; and
4) that I am executing this affidavit to attest the veracity of the foregoing facts for whatever legal purposes this may serve.
IN WITNESS THEREOF, I sign my name below this SEPTEMBER 8, 2019 at CEBU CITY, CEBU PHILIPPINES
(NAME AND SIGNATURE of JANE DE LA CRUZ)
SUBSCRIBED AND SWORN before me in the City of CEBU this SEPTEMBER 8, 2019 by JANE DE LA CRUZ who satisfactorily prove to me through his Philippine Passport no. _______ issued by the Department of Foreign Affairs in CEBU CITY, personally known to be the same person who executed the foregoing affidavit and acknowledged that he executed the same.
5. Sample Cover Letter to Italian Consulate for Schengen Visa
January 8, 2020
THE HONORABLE CONSUL
EMBASSY OF ITALY
6/F Zeta II Bldg. 191 Salcedo Street
Legaspi Village, Makati City
Dear Sir / Madam
I am _____________, Filipino passport holder of ____________ would like to apply for a Schengen visa for my purpose of visiting the EU for two weeks. I am applying through your honorable consulate.
The primary purpose of travel is for personal holiday. I intend to visit Italy and France. We are applying through your honorable embassy because Italy is our first port of entry.
I intend to stay for 10 days in the Schengen area and all personal expenses will be paid by myself.
The main purpose of travel is tourism. I travel extensively with family, friends or myself; and have never overstayed a visa ever.
Please find attached herewith:
(1) Completed Visa Application Form
(2) Personal documents and Flight History
(3) Flight Ticket Details
(4) Hotel Reservations
(5) Travel Insurance.
(6) Financial and Self-Employment documents.
I trust that you will find everything in order. Let me know if there are any further information you may need.
We look forward for the trip! If you need anything from me, you can contact me via email or mobile number.
Very truly yours,
JANA DE LOS SANTOS
Visa and Passport Guides
- Sample Affidavit of Consent for DSWD Minor Travel ClearanceStep-by-step guide on how to do a sample affidavit of consent from parents, part of requirements for DSWD Minor Travel Clearance.
- How to Renew your Child’s Philippine PassportHow to renew your Child Philippine Passport in Cebu, Philippines. Surprisingly DFA process was fast, easy and child-friendly!
- How to Apply for Norway Schengen Visa in Cebu, PhilippinesDo you want to go visit Norway soon? Just like other countries in the EU, you need a Schengen visa. Here’s how to get a Norway Schengen Visa.
- How to Apply for Italian Schengen Visa in Cebu, PhilippinesVisit the beautiful Italian cities of Milan, Rome, Venice, Florence or Naples for Italy Schengen Visa in Cebu, Philippines
- How to apply for Schengen Iceland Visa in Cebu, PhilippinesApplying for a UK visa doesn’t need to be stressful. Here’s a step-by-step process in obtaining a UK travel visa.