Staycation at Citadines Baseline Cebu
The opportunity for my own writer’s retreat presented itself at the right place and time, when I was invited for a weekend staycation during the launch of Citadines in Cebu City.
Citadines is not your ‘regular’ hotel–the brand is in a different niche category known as Apart’hotel, which essentially combine the best of home and hotel living.
Citadines Cebu City is The Ascott Limited’s first property to open in Visayas and Mindanao; undertaken in collaboration with Cebu Landmasters. Indeed Citadines is a premier international brand present in over 170 cities across continents.
Located smack in one of the main bloodlines of the city–in Base Line Center. Walking around the complex is already enough to fuel one’s creative juices, as you admire how well thought-out everything is. It featured the best of Cebuano craftsmanship e.g. the likes of amazing artists such as Kenneth Cobonpue, Bobby Lagdameo and Inky Livie.
Mi casa, su casa…
I had the chance to enjoy a short staycation at the recently opened Citadines Baseline Center Aparthotel. It is a well-known premier brand present in 170 countries in Asia, Europe, Africa, Middle East and the Americas, a reputed brand on serviced rooms and residences. Citadines Cebu is the first in the Vis-Min region brought to you in partnership with The Ascott Limited and Cebu Landmasters, Inc.
The rooms are spacious, with a study as well as a chill nook for my wine and cheese. The afternoon is about French Jazz.
My hotel room was fitted with all the necessary amenities of a standard hotel room (hair dryer, iron, etc.) plus more—room comes with a full kitchen with all the necessary appliances, cutlery and cookware, I can actually cook! Unfortunately I don’t know how, but that was super cool!
Because of my lack of cooking skills, I took advantage of Abaca Restaurant downstairs for breakfast, lunch and dinner. And then loaded some groceries at the Robinsons Supermarket also located downstairs.
Downstairs there was also a launderette for you to do your laundry.
That weekend I did a mini writer’s retreat for myself. I managed to finish a thousand words over the afternoon, and that is a personal feat given my easily distracted mind. Some good self-indulgence was granted as we were treated to some foot massage at the poolside in the rooftop deck.
Can’t wait to see the opening of Citadines in other cities soon, in Bacolod, Ilo-ilo and Davao.
More Cebu Hotels
- The Maya Angelou MethodPoet and civil rights activist Maya Angelou, had a peculiar writing process. I decided to try it myself. Postardpretty Travels and Stories
- Staycation at Citadines Baseline CebuA writer’s retreat and staycation at Citadines Baseline Cebu – Here’s my guide and review on my Citadines experience
- Yello Hotel: Cebu First Smart HotelYello Hotel: Cebu First Smart Hotel – The namesake is named after favorite color: bright, sunny, tropical, and the color of mango, the epitome of Cebu
- HABI: Online Market Fair on Oct. 21 to 27Buy Philippine-made Gifts Online at HABI: Online Market Fair from Oct. 21 to 27. Beautiful textiles, clothes, bags, accessories from PH
- How to Send a Postcard in the PhilippinesOn October 1, we celebrate World Postcards Day! Here’s how to send and receive postcards.
- BPI museum in Cebu – A Museum on MoneyBPI Museum Cebu – BPI is the oldest bank in the Philippines. Know more on the rich history of banking in the Philippines
- Johanna’s Story: Home and the Middle of NowhereJohanna Michelle Lim’s story: Botigues looms in the middle of nowhere. The middle of nowhere is how it’s often described.
- Abigail’s Story: The Drone LadyThe Drone Lady: If you asked me a year ago if I could see myself working with drones today, I would have asked you what a drone was.
- The Mystical Thailand Floating MarketsAmidst the sweltering heat of tropical Thailand floating markets, we were enamored by the river, the familiarity and exoticism of it all.
- Sample Cover Letter for French Consulate – Schengen VisaHaving a cover letter is one of the requirements for your Schengen visa application. Here’s a sample cover letter for the Italian consulate.
- Sample Cover Letter for Italian Consulate – Schengen VisaHaving a cover letter is one of the requirements for your Schengen visa application.
- What happened to the Aswang?Philippine Halloween – What happened to the aswang? I wonder how horror movies can pivot and ‘stay relevant’?
- The World of Cebu PodcastsThe World of Podcasts – And Cebu Podcasts in the Philippines with Dave and Jo