Book Production in Cebu, Philippines
Cebu”Postcards from Elsewhere” by Rachel Arandilla is 100% Proudly Made and Produced in Cebu, Philippines
Since I published my first book, a lot of individuals have approached me and shared that they, too, wish to publish their own book one day.
In a separate blog post, I will tell you more about the whole publication process: from writing the manuscript, to submitting the manuscript to a publisher, to editing, proofreading, production and final launch of the book.
In the meantime, I’d like to share with you the book production process, and how we are proud to say that Postcards from Elsewhere by Rachel Arandilla is 100% Cebuano made, and the people and businesses behind it that made the book happen!
Work of Artisans
The book has this feel of artisanship as many of the methods is still using traditional technologies. The printing and binding is a collaboration with Grafik 9 and Optima Typographics.
All the materials–the paper, board, cover–were chosen specially by DCO Publishing to ensure the highest quality of book possible.
Inside pages are full-color and illustrated, and we made sure we chose the right type of paper to make sure the colors come out alive.
Of course, quality control is an essential part of the process.
“I’ve been doing quality control for 8 years now,” says Ruth of Optima Typographics as she finishes the last stack of printed pages, double-checking the page numbers are in correct order, before they are sown together. Ruth works for the local binding house for our book, “Postcards from Elsewhere.”
Binding for the hardbound book was done specially by hand. In an ever-increasingly digital world, it’s good to know that the past is somehow still alive in a humble city like Cebu.
Doesn’t it remind you of Japanese books with its minimalist style and craftsmanship?
The book jacket is digitally printed and matte laminated by Grafik 9.
To buy the book, click on the link!
If you want to order a copy of the book, you can order online through
If you missed it, you can buy the book here:
More News about Postcards from Elsewhere
- How to Send a Postcard in the PhilippinesOn October 1, we celebrate World Postcards Day! Here’s how to send and receive postcards.
- Buy Postcards from ElsewhereBuy Postcards from Elsewhere now! We deliver straight to your door.
- Book Production in Cebu, PhilippinesCebu”Postcards from Elsewhere” by Rachel Arandilla is 100% Proudly Made and Produced in Cebu, Philippines
- We Deliver: Postcards from ElsewhereWe Deliver ‘Postcards from Elsewhere’ by Rachel Arandilla via Lalamove, Maxim, and other local delivery apps!
- Postcards from Elsewhere MerchDo you know that aside from the book, we also have some really cool ‘Postcards from Elsewhere’ merchandise?
More Latest Posts
- The Mystical Thailand Floating MarketsAmidst the sweltering heat of tropical Thailand floating markets, we were enamored by the river, the familiarity and exoticism of it all.
- Sample Cover Letter for French Consulate – Schengen VisaHaving a cover letter is one of the requirements for your Schengen visa application. Here’s a sample cover letter for the Italian consulate.
- Sample Cover Letter for Italian Consulate – Schengen VisaHaving a cover letter is one of the requirements for your Schengen visa application.
- What happened to the Aswang?Philippine Halloween – What happened to the aswang? I wonder how horror movies can pivot and ‘stay relevant’?
- The World of Cebu PodcastsThe World of Podcasts – And Cebu Podcasts in the Philippines with Dave and Jo