Last February 23, Story Nights: Cebu saw a highly engaged crowd as we celebrated modern love and dating with the theme ‘Tinder Story Nights’.
The storytellers of the night were people from all walks of life: Miggi, Alyssa, Rey, Kim and Carla.
Miggi is a poet by day, office drown by night. He is fond of open mic nights and complaining about how no one ever gets sisig right, except when he cooks it. He’s decides things with coin flips and is disgustingly optimistic about love.
Miggi’s spoken word performance started with ‘heyyyyyy’—and it was honest, enigmatic and very relatable to everyone who have ever been in love as a millennial.
Alyssa is a social media coordinator for a tech company who loves to travel and take photos despite her height. Her story was how she adapted being out of captivity. Funny, real, and a fresh take on dating from a girl’s perspective.
28, Single and a Full time Project Manager, Kim Charlie’s biggest passion is Blogging and Flatlay, and just recently started to vlog. Kim taught us about love, and being ‘marupok’ (word of the night)
Carla is a copywriter, occasional travel writer. Her story will be about Sliding into the DM’s and other Tinder Tales while traveling around the world.
Rey is a web content wizard, pro bono life coach, hobbyist poet, and published author. On the last Story Nights event, he shared his successes—for this event, he shared about his admitted failures in his personal life.
The event was hosted by D&CO. publisher Donald Villamero. For that night, we also tried something more different: we wanted to be more interactive by engaging to the crowd their opinions, reflections, and even advice.
Below are some more photos of that amazing night:
The Storytellers for the night. Thank you Carla, Rey, Kim, Miggi, Alyssa and the host Donald Villamero and organizer and founder, Rachel Arandilla
More Story Nights Events and News
- Story Nights Cebu – Those Were The Days
- Story Nights: Cebu – Startups
- Story Nights: Cebu – Risk
- Story Nights: Cebu – Firsts!
- Story Nights: Cebu – Tinder Story Nights
- Story Nights: Cebu – If It’s Meant to Be
- Story Nights: Cebu – Twists and Turns
- Story Nights: Cebu – Oh! The Places You’ll Go
- Story Nights: Cebu – Premiere
- The Very First Story Nights
- Story Nights: Cebu Media Features
- What is Story Nights: Cebu
More Story Nights Stories
More Story Nights Cebu Stories
- MARGAUX’S STORY: I’M FILIPINO, DO I SMELL LIKE PORK?
- LEON’S STORY: GETTING ERAP’S VOTE
- ROME’S STORY: WHEN A BISAYA BLOGGER BLOGS IN BINISAYA
- NYM’S STORY: MUSINGS OF A FOOL-TIME MOM
- ABIGAIL’S STORY: THE DRONE LADY
- ISSA’S STORY: I DIDN’T KNOW, I THOUGHT, I KNEW
- BRIAN’S STORY: RESILIENT
- DONALD’S STORY: TO DREAM AGAIN
- JOHANNA’S STORY: HOME AND THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE
- JM BEAN’S STORY: CHOOSE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE
- CHRISTIAN’S STORY: HOW COLLEGE F*CKED ME UP