How to apply for Philippine passport in Cebu, Philippines:
I. How to Apply Online
- Go to the official DFA https://www.passport.gov.ph/ website. Just read the instructions–it’s all pretty clear and straightforward.
- Choose a schedule. Go to this link and select whether it is an individual or a group appointment. Afterwards you will need to fill in the DFA Office location, date and time for your appointment.
- Fill up online application form. Provide your personal information and contact details.
- Once this is done, simply download the accomplished form (it will be sent to you in PDF format) and print out in an A4-sized paper. Bring this along with your other requirements on your scheduled appointment.
Bring the following on your DFA appointment.
- Printout of your accomplished application form in an A4 sized paper
- NSO Birth Certificate
- valid Picture IDs and supporting documents to support identity (e.g., driver’s license, voter’s ID, SSS ID, etc.) – refer to list of accepted IDs and supporting documents here
- For passport renewal applicants, don’t forget your most recent expiring or expired passport.
There may be additional requirements for other applicants such as for muslims, minors, etc. For complete information on passport requirements, you can read about it here.
Yes, after the online application you still have to make an appearance to the DFA office to submit requirements and have your biometrics taken. If you apply online you can skip the queues and just show up during the appointed time.
Starting next month, walk-in applicants will not be welcomed and all applications will have to be made online. Only the following will be allowed as walk-in applicants: military personnel and family, senior citizens, PWD, pregnant women, infants and children 7 years old and below.
(If you would like to know how I applied for my baby’s passport, read my blog post on How to Apply for your Baby’s Philippine Passport)
Passport fees are as follows:
Express Processing – 10 working days – Php 1,000
Normal Processing – 20 working days – Php 950
(Fees and processing times vary from one DFA office to another!)
You can have your passport couriered to your address for an additional fee of Php 120.
IV. Additional Tips
- Come at least thirty minutes before your scheduled appointment. No time for Filipino time!
- Failure to show up on your scheduled appointment means that you will not be allowed to book another appointment online for the next 30 days.
- Boycott fixers. It is illegal. Period.